What are the characteristics of a good expert advisor?
- 1- The expert must be able to work with $1000 and not be margin call.
- 2. Not over-fit or over-optimized for a specific period!
- 3- It is not a history reader! (by default metatrader internal readfile prevent EAs to read .hst file and some scammer use kernel function that need allow dll for access to future on back-testing and so result of this type EAs on live market similar throw coin )
- 4- It should not be martin and grid! (the sum positions pips must be positive! when you want ignore this rule on martin EAs)
- 5- The duration of each order should not be less than 1 minute and should not be more than 1 week.
- 6- Its Profit Factor should be more than 2.
- 7- The number of trades per year or per 6 month should be more than 300! (252 trading days per year you need at least 1 trade per day low trade EA in most cases are over-optimize) we need see some trade !
- 8- Can pass at least 5 years in the back test with 99% accuracy.
- 9- Its performance should not be gross on two pairs with high correlation. (over fit)
- 10 – Expert must be able to work on 5-digit currency pairs with spreads of 20 and above for XAUUSD on 2-digit of spreads of 100 and above and for Bitcoin spreads of 600 and above. you need check avg spread of live broker account.
- 11- Expert must have a live account with a function of 6 months or more on top regulated broker for example IC Market or Lmax(#ASIC #CFTC #CySEC #DFSA #BaFIN #FCA #FINRA #FMA #FINMA #FSA #FSB #IFSC #NFA #SEC #MIFID)! and better analyze account on mql5 or with investor password.
- 12- Draw-down of Expert should not be more than 20% on 5k deposit account.
- 13- The volume should increase in proportion to the growth rate of the account and market fluctuations.
If you find such EA, you are successful. Violation of any of the above rules means a loss on one of the days of history.
and example EA can pass most of this rules is density scalper but broker sensitive and other night scalpers ….